Followers

Monday, 13 May 2013

Red dress still in progress!


I thought it was time I finally got around to finishing this little red dress that I started at least 12 months ago, where does the time go? 


I suppose I should finish a project before I show it on my blog to save all my readers getting frustrated with the wait! lol  Anyway I am hoping to finally finish this over the next few weeks, I have finally got my new craft room  so I can leave my sewing out all day and just close the door to hide the mess!

This is the interlining on the bodice, I never used to do this but once you have tried this method you will never look back, the first dress I made using this method is much nicer because of the interlining fabric supporting the outer fabric.


I pinned the skirt to the top just to see what it looked like and also I needed to do a few alterations to the bust line.



I was happy my new dress form arrived this week, ( my last one fell to bits )  it made the job so much easier.


Iwill be stitching the pockets and attaching the skirt this week and will soon have more progress to show.

Until next time happy stitching!

1 comment:

Solstitches said...

I wondered if you would be inspired by the Great British Sewing Bee to make more wearable garments.
The lovely red dress deserves to be finished. It is gorgeous.
Margaret